Bacon, Zucchini and Asparagus Pasta
Zucchini adds a beautiful dimension to this dish. A great pasta dish for a summer lunch.
- 350g Oliana spaghetti
- 1 tbs Oliana olive oil
- 125g rindless bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 3 pieces Oliana char grilled zucchini, thinly sliced
- 5 large sticks of asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1cm lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 75g extra light cream cheese
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup fresh continental parsley leaves
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the anchovy and cook for 1 minute or until it dissolves. Add the asparagus and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften, then add the char grilled zucchini to until heated through.
Add the tomato, cream cheese and lemon juice. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and parsley and toss to combine.