Vegetable and Halloumi Skewers
A fantastic addition to that summer BBQ you’ve been meaning to host.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 2cm rounds
- 200g Oliana halloumi cut into 2cm cubes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup Oliana olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1¼ cups (250g) jasmine rice
- lemon wedges, to serve
Thread eggplant, zucchini, halloumi and cherry tomatoes onto skewers. Place in a shallow dish in a single layer. Whisk together oil, lemon juice and oregano. Season to taste. Pour over skewers, turning to coat.
Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water. Boil for 12-14 minutes, until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat a chargrill or frying pan on medium. Cook skewers for 4-5 minutes each side, basting with marinade occasionally, until tender. Serve with rice and lemon wedges