Three Cheese Muffins
Muffins that taste fantastic and are simple to make. Perfect to take to a friends house for afternoon tea
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Oliana ladotiri cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 100g Oliana feta, crumbled
- Optional: Spicy capsicum dip
Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease a 12 hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
Combine the flour, sugar, basil and onion in a bowl. Make a well in centre.
Add milk, egg, oil, garlic, ladotiri and parmesan. Mix until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in 2/3 feta. Spoon mixture evenly between holes of prepared pan.
Top with remaining feta. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 2 minutes.
Carefully turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold with capsicum dip