This creamy classic goes a long way, perfect for feeding a hungry family.
- 400g Oliana spaghetti
- 1 tbs Oliana olive oil
- 200g rindless bacon or pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 60ml thickened cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon or pancetta, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the eggs, egg yolks, parmesan and cream in a bowl. Season with pepper.
Add the bacon, egg mixture and parsley to the pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving plates and top with shaved parmesan.