The spice of the chillies and the succulent pork mince makes this dish a real winner
- 2 tbs Oliana olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 500g good-quality Italian sausages, casings discarded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried chillies flakes
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato passata
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 400g Oliana rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup (4 tbs) chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100ml thickened cream
- 80g parmesan, grated
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add sausage meat and garlic to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, until browned. Add rosemary, chilli, passata and stock. Season, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes until meat is cooked.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain. Add to sauce. Stir parsley and cream into sauce just before serving. Scatter with parmesan.