Penne with Treviso, Semi-dried Tomato & Lemon
A beautifully colourful dish best served outside on a balmy night
- 400g Oliana penne pasta
- 1 tbs Oliana olive oil
- 4 short-cut rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 treviso, leaves separated, coarsely shredded
- 5 Oliana semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the treviso. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Add the pasta, tomato, lemon rind, lemon juice and remaining oil to the treviso mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving dishes and top with parmesan.