There’s a reason why this recipe has been adored by Italians for centuries. Very simple to throw together and a great family dinner. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can add or subtract just about anything!
- 40ml Oliana olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 75g pitted green olives, sliced
- 75g Oliana kalamata olives, sliced
- 6 Oliana semi-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbs salted capers, rinsed
- 425g can of diced tomatoes
- 400g Oliana spaghetti
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Grated parmesan, to serve
Drain and return to pan. Add sauce and basil and toss together. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.