Greek-style Baked Lamb with Feta
A succulent lamb dish that you’ll make time and time again.
- 1.5kg lamb shoulder, on the bone
- 6 garlic cloves (3 sliced, 3 crushed)
- ½ cup roughly chopped oregano
- ½ cup Oliana olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 200g Oliana full-fat feta
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon Oliana olive oil
Using a small sharp knife, make small incisions in lamb, stuffing with sliced garlic.
In a large bowl, combine oregano, oil, zest, juice, mint and crushed garlic. Coat lamb in marinade mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Line roasting pan with baking paper. Transfer lamb to pan and cover with foil. Bake 3 hours. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Crumble feta over lamb. Return to oven further 25-30 minutes, until feta is golden. Cover loosely with foil and rest 15 minutes before carving.
SALAD: In a salad bowl, toss all ingredients together. Season to taste.
Serve lamb slices with salad and lemon.