Creamy Mushroom and Pine Nut Fusilli
This beautifully earthy recipe is one you’ll try many times. Toasted pine nuts add great texture to the dish.
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs Oliana olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, thickly sliced
- 150g oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 500g Oliana fusilli
- 250g creme fraiche
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a deep frypan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the sliced garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
Add the Swiss brown, oyster and shiitake mushrooms with the white wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the wine is reduced and the mushrooms are tender.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente or according to packet instructions.
Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and stir through the creme fraiche and remaining oil, followed by the toasted pine nuts and parsley.
Add the sauce to the drained pasta and toss to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.