Chicken and Feta Salad
A healthier version of your traditional Caesar salad, but more importantly, just as delicious.
- 3 (about 700g) chicken breast fillets
- 8 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 200g Oliana feta, crumbled
- 150g toasted pine nuts
- 60ml Oliana olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut lengthways into thin wedges
Place the chicken in a large frying pan and cover with boiling water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Use two forks to coarsely shred the chicken.
Combine the chicken, shallot, dill, feta and pine nuts in a large bowl.
Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the lettuce among serving bowls. Top with the chicken mixture and drizzle over the dressing to serve.