Oliana Foods Pty Ltd (“Oliana” or “we” “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. Oliana has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website, which you should also read
Privacy statements in relation to this website and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does Oliana Foods collect my personal information?
Oliana collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Oliana may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Oliana promotion or to allow Oliana to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Oliana collect?
The types of personal information Oliana collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Oliana and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses);
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Oliana may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide Oliana the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Oliana with the personal information it reasonably requires, Oliana may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Oliana collect my personal information?
Oliana tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Oliana or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Oliana or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Oliana or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Oliana or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from Oliana’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to Oliana’s customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Oliana may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Oliana will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Oliana use my personal information?
Oliana uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Oliana goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Oliana’s current and future products and services to you;
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Oliana considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Oliana’s current and future products or services; and
- To improve the operation or navigation of Oliana’s website.
Oliana may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time Oliana collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Oliana uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Oliana will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
Will Oliana give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Oliana may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Oliana’s related companies; and
- Oliana’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers and printing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, Oliana will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
- You have authorised Oliana to do so;
- Your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- Oliana is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Oliana provides your personal information to a third party, Oliana generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Oliana does.
Is my personal information secure?
Oliana takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Oliana over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Oliana takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant, and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Oliana holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on 03 9355 8111 or email@example.com
You have a general right to access the personal information Oliana holds about you. You may contact our Consumer Enquiries team on 03 9355 8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request details of your personal information. Oliana can deny your request in some circumstances.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Oliana holds about you, Oliana reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
Oliana Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
Calls to Oliana Consumer Enquiries (Calls) may be recorded for quality, training and verification purposes. Even if your Call is not recorded, [Oliana Consumer Enquiries] may collect personal information that you provide during the Calls. In relation to personal information provided during Calls, Oliana collects, uses and discloses personal information in the following ways:
- Customer Service: Oliana will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by an Oliana stockist or distributor then the personal information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: Oliana may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Oliana products then Oliana may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. Oliana may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Oliana’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information,
Please contact our Consumer Enquiries line on 03 9355 8111 or email@example.com
Oliana will endeavor to respond to you within seven business days.